Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Taxi Needs a Ride

Taxi is a senior maltese at the Animal Protection League in Anderson, Indiana. He has bad teeth and even a couple of snaggle teeth in the front, a hernia, a fatty tumor, and with his age and health issues, he has yet to be adopted or even fostered. Ever since I first saw his face and read his story, my gut instinct has refused to let him out of my mind.

If I were still in Indiana, I would contact my rescue coordinator, aka "partner in crime", and ask to make a road trip to get him, with a stop at our favorite Taco Bell on the way. We used to do that every chance we had --- and always took extra crates so we could pull a few more adoptable dogs and even cats while we were there.

I can't explain the attraction. I look at pictures on Petfinder every day, but this little guy has gotten into my head and heart.

The Animal Protection League, formerly Anderson Animal Care and Control, has one of the most caring and dedicated staff ever. They try their level best to find homes for dogs, cats, and occasionally a chicken, goat, or some other animal.

Taxi - my prayer is for you to have a new home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment